Friday, June 24, 2016

To Tobago We Go!

Today is the day that I have waited for since I arrived in Trinidad because This is the day I get to travel to Tobago. We were supposed to travel to Tobago last Friday but Leigh Ann forgot that she had an event to attend for her finals, so we had to reschedule for this weekend. Because our plane tickets were booked for last week, we had to get to the airport early for stand-by seats. Sr. Debbie woke us up at 4:30 this morning, so we could get to the airport at 6:00 to try to catch the 7AM flight. Unfortunately, things did not go as planned. When we arrived at this airport, there were already about 30 people there waiting for standby seats. While Leigh Ann waited in line to put our names on the waiting list, me and her nephew, Veshal walked around the airport to find some breakfast. I could not find any food that I liked, so I decided to just get a coffee until we arrived to Tobago. After waiting for 7 hours, we were able to catch a 2PM flight. Once we got flight, my mood erupbtly changed. I was so excited and happy because I had been looking forward to exploring Tobago and I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to make it to Tobago! From Trinidad to Tobago, the flight took about 20 minutes. Once we got our luggage, we walked to Kariwak Resorts, the hotel we would be staying at. As we were walking, my suitcase handle broke, so I had to carry my bag to the resort. Luckily for me it was only a 5 minute walk. When we arrived at the resort, I was blown away by how simple yet beautiful the place for the price that we paid. It was a hut-styled resort with outside dining, an outdoor pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, and an outdoor yoga studio. Once we checked, we settled in to the room and rest until the night time. Around 7PM, we walked to a near by Arabian restaurant and ordered gyros. While waiting for our food, I got to meet Leigh-Ann's cousin and his wife who live here in Tobago. They had been in the area, so they decided to stop by and meet us. After eating, we walked back to the hotel. To end the night, we are currently sitting by the pool as we listen to a live band play from the dinning area. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, so I am going to call it a night! 

Until next time, 

God Bless,
Shantal Solomon


No comments:

Post a Comment